Wednesday 8 January 2014

Our Family Goals For 2014

Ok, I know you've probably read/seen a thousand "new years resolution" posts in blog land over the last couple of weeks.  This is probably going to be another one!  However, I think its important for me and my family to put these thoughts in writing, put them out in the blogesphere and be accountable to them.

I dont like the word resolutions.  They sound too restrictive and my personality (Im a typical Aquarian) doesnt react well to being restricted.  So I've made "goals" for 2014.  Things that, in December, I'd like to look back on and see how many we have achieved and during the year, have something to reflect on and re-gain some focus as we lose direction as I've no doubt we will!

Image Credit Via Google

1. Be More Positive
I am an eternal worrier.  I think its in our family DNA as my dad is the same and I think Miss M is showing the same traits.  However in my (nearly) 32 years I've learnt that worrying will often, not change the outcome of a situation.  I therefore, need to make it one of my goals to think more positively, cos worrying gets you nothing but a few extra wrinkles.  I need to teach Miss M a few tricks of how to deal with worry too, like distracting yourself with your favourite song.

2. Do More Crafting
Until very recently I owned my own craft-related business.  However, running two businesses from home (more about this at a later date!), bringing up two children, running a home etc etc began to take its toll so I sold that business.  However, I now have a craft shaped hole in my life that needs filling!  So Im going to try to fit some craft in every day...be it getting my sewing machine out or painting hearts with Miss L, it makes me happy so will be worth finding the time.

3. Be More Organised
As previously mentioned, Im an Aquarian, which means I am, by nature, messy and unorganised.  My problem is, inside I know there is a super organised person trying to get out!  I look longingly at organised pantries on Pinterest, constantly pin cleaning to-do lists.  My goal this year is to organise my house.  I should have more time on my hands to put my lovingly researched plans in place....now I just have to find some motivation somewhere....hmmmm.

4. Be The Best Wife I Can Be
Which means looking after myself too.  Before Christmas I lost two stone through healthy eating and going to the gym.  In turn, I felt better about myself, which made me happier and just generally a better person.  Exercise has a massive effect on my mood which is why I should make a concerted effort to go at least three time a week.  It also means cooking nice meals, making an effort to hear about his day, listening to his worrys and just being there for him.  Because I love him and he works so hard to support this family.

So thats it, my/our goals for 2014.  I think four is manageable!

Thanks for reading x x


No comments:

Post a Comment